Friday, January 28, 2011

Kitchen Facelift

As you may have read in the past that I have been making some improvements in the kitchen. I have been enjoying finding and researching some "tools" to help me and to also have fun in the kitchen.

I have been enjoying reading Weelicious.com and learning a few tips and tricks as she likes to call them. I have been involving the kids in some recipes as well. Our kitchen is slowly changing its atmosphere and I can't wait! Paetan and I made her Strawberry Wee-Pops. Yum!


I have also been interested in green smoothies from this gal. My children have been loving them each morning as have I. I recently tried her Hot Pink smoothie pictured below. It was really good even though beets seem to have a dirt taste to them it but overall it was tasty. We have had our "Champ" for the last 5 years and has been very good to us and I am so grateful I have it now because I use it twice a day now.




Then of course with each of my pregnancies my interest in ice cream, yogurts and sorbets sky rocket through the roof and so I decided that I needed to learn how to make my own with this handy dandy Cruisinart maker. Love it! The key is to always leave the bowl when not used in your freezer so your always prepared to put something together.

My first try was Coconut sorbet and it was ok I used coconut milk in a carton instead of the can so I don't know if that makes a difference but it wasn't what I expected but it was ok. I froze it that night and tasted it the next day and its not the same.

So I learned to eat it up right when its done being made. So anyone wanna come over for dessert? The one pictured below is frozen vanilla yogurt I made today! Yum!


Next on my list of what to find was a citrus juicer. We recently have fallen in love with limeade at our house and who also doesn't want fresh orange juice and lemonade as well. I knew I had to find something because Trent broke our hand held one with the batchs of our limemades that we have been making so I got this one.


Its been great so far and I am disappointed in the fact that I sit and juice 10-12 lemons for a half hour and only get 2 cups of juice! But oh well it tastes so good. So who's got a good fresh lemonade recipe to share with me? I got limeade's covered.

My knife drawer has always bugged me so I finally broke down and book a wood block organizer to make it look decent.


I also updated my kitchen tools and utincels into nice crocks. That way they aren't tucked away buried in my drawers I can see them and use them.


My kitchen is making me happier now that I have a few fun tools to test with!

1 comments:

Shauna said...

okay you are totally a little cook now! beets are delish...hot pink shake please! and dessert please!