Friday, May 27, 2011

Reeghan is 8


I have an 8 year old girl today and she isn't little anymore. I just can't believe how far we have come since this. Don't I look hot in that post. Wow we look so young and not only that but we had no idea what parenting would be like and here we are 8 years later and still don't know.

Reeghan has been such a joy to have around and I feel blessed to have her as my first born because she wants to be sure that we approve of all she does and wants to please us. She also has a great mind and thinks very logically which I struggle with most of the time but its one of the lessons I need to learn about her.

In preparation for this age we have taught her many gospel principles to prepare her for her baptism which will be happening July 2nd. She is anxious and I know she is ready and is fully aware of what kind of decision she is making. I am so grateful that she is in our family.



I was able to take some muffins to her classroom yesterday and her teacher, Ms. Beardsley, has this cute idea to celebrate birthdays in her classroom. She has the parents write a letter to their child and then they share it with their classmates as they eat their goodies.

It was such a treat to be there and witness the letter that we had written to her. She just lit up and her smile was priceless. At that moment as her mother I just looked at her and was overcome with emotion. It doesn't help that I am pregnant but she came up to me afterward and gave me the biggest hug! That just topped it off for me. I have had lots of moments with her lately that haven't been as pleasant and I get frustrated but I know that I need to have more patience with her and the way her mind works.

1 comments:

Shauna said...

You've been blogging since 2003?! That's amazing! Happy birthday Reeghan!