Sunday, October 27, 2002

Marriage settling in

At times when I get frustrated and upset I would like to turn back to our ceremony and ponder the thought of being equals and be side by side. I have been tremendously blessed to have a righteous family with parents who taught me the gospel. Then to marry a partner who in turn helps me to grow and understand my divine role in life of being a wife and mother.

I am anxious for the opportunity to have a baby born into our little Chapman family and to have a wonderful companion to be his/her father. I want to become a daughter of God who lives each day as if it were my last.

I had a chance to watch the movie, "Charly" and LDS film based off of Jack Weyland's novels. It was about a girl who finds the gospel through a righteous boy who she falls in love with. They marry and have a child and then she gets cancer. The last 1/2hr of the movie I cried through. It showed what the husband was going through trying to accept that his wife was going to die and asked the questions, Why her why now? The movie just sent chills up and down my spine as to what I would do if I were in his shoes.

We never know when we are to live this earthly existence so I have made sure that each day will be precious and to prepare to meet God. I want to stand before him as a righteous daughter of God who did all in my power to be obedient to his commandments and live a righteous life.

0 comments: