Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Joy of Moving


Its been a very long month and I feel that I've been consumed with dejunking, trashing, making numerous trips to the DI (thrift donation), and taping up boxes.

My poor children have not had alot of attention lately especially Easton gets more and more confused each time I tape up another item of his. Yesterday Trent took down the TV and that broke the string for him. He kept pointing at the wall and said, "No show?" I just sat and watched him walk around the room trying to find the TV. In a 2.5yr old mind I'm sure this situation is just so hard to understand and you can't explain it to them. I hope he adjusts well that's all I'm asking for.

I pretty much packed up the whole house myself because I was just so antsy to get it done and Trent has been so busy with work that all I asked him to do was his closet and the garage. But it ended up me going through his closet and then I had to pack up all this tool stuff which I just threw into a box and did no organization. Hopefully its ok.

I am now sitting down at my in-laws and have settled her short-term with a few things like clothing and books. I feel so free its incredible. I've loved watching my townhome shrink in size as I packed. Do I really need all those things to clutter up my life and my family? I guess you do to create memories but for right now I just feel like I don't have alot of responsibility to take care of my things and its a nice feeling.

Trent and I were invited to a spontaneous camping trip with friends and I said, "Yes" and you might wonder why. But if you knew my craziness this last month I NEED it to just get away and just enjoy nature and I am excited and I'm sure my children will be too because it will be family time and will be able to give them my full attention.

So the joy of moving is only for a small moment and I can't wait to see where our new home will be.

0 comments: